Locations: Various U.S. Locations
Do you have what it takes to validate the performance of some of the most advanced mission critical environments in the US? Do you have a passion for putting complex systems through their designed sequences of operation? We are looking for commissioning engineers and technicians that enjoy working on complex mechanical and electrical systems to validate the performance through a variety of operating conditions. Candidates must be US Citizens and able to pass a routine background investigation.
CriticalCxE is a professional services firm specializing in technical Commissioning, Engineering and Owners Representation services in support of our mission critical clients. CCxE brings a unique blend of professionals together who have the in-depth engineering, installation, commissioning and operational experience to address today’s complex and dynamic Mission Critical Systems.
We are seeking a talented Electrical Commissioning Specialist/Engineer with knowledge of Mission Critical design concepts as well as the operation and commissioning of critical facility electrical equipment. This equipment includes Electrical Distribution Switchgear, Substations, Uninterruptable Power Sources (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators, SCADA, EPMS and Load Banks.
This position provides support for all electrical aspects of assigned commissioning projects from initial engagement through turn over to the owner. This position is under the direction of a Senior Electrical Commissioning Lead and involves the coordination of work activities with mechanical commissioning specialists and interaction with the owner’s representatives, contractors, engineers and architects. The Commissioning Specialist will travel as needed depending on project demands, typically averaging 25% to 50% of the time.
- Must have Knowledge of OSHA (or equivalent) safety requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, single line drawings and protective device coordination studies.
- Knowledge of Mission Critical design concepts and Critical Operation Facilities; Knowledge of Electrical Distribution Switchgear, Substations, Uninterruptable Power Sources (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators and Load Banks; Knowledge of power quality analysis.
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Suite. Must be able to effectively create final products in all three programs.
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of commissioning or related experience with electrical systems, SCADA and/or Electrical Power Monitoring systems, Fire Alarm and lighting controls.
- Experience with building construction or construction related degree such as construction management.
- Commissioning Certification required (e.g. NEBB, ACG, BCxA, ASHRAE BCxP, etc.) or ability to acquire within two months of employment.
- Registered Engineering Intern (EI) or Professional Engineer (PE) licensure preferred
CriticalCxE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes all qualified candidates to the team.