Job Title: Senior Electrical Commissioning Specialist/Engineer
Hours: Full Time
CriticalCxE is seeking a talented Senior Electrical Commissioning Specialist/Engineer with knowledge of Mission Critical design concepts as well as the operation and commissioning of critical facility electrical equipment. This equipment includes Electrical Distribution Switchgear, Substations, Uninterruptable Power Sources (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators, SCADA, EPMS and Load Banks. Additional familiarity with associated mechanical systems is a plus.
This position is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the electrical commissioning project are consistent with the Owner Project Requirements, Basis of Design and project specifications. As the Electrical Lead, the employee will be responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of the commissioning process for the electrical infrastructure systems as well as coordinating the work of other electrical commissioning specialists on the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, conduct and participate in commissioning meetings to include review of meeting minutes and/or generation of meeting minutes for internal and external use.
- Author, review, edit and/or support generation of key commissioning documentation such as, but not limited to: Basis of Designs, Owners Project Requirements, design reviews, commissioning specifications, preliminary/final commissioning plans, load bank plans, factory acceptance test scripts, site acceptance tests, start up documents, Point to Point Verification lists, Pre-Functional Test Scripts, Functional Test Scripts, Integrated Test Scripts, O&M reviews, training plans, Commissioning Field Reports, Final Reports, etc.
- QA/QC of all electrical test scripts.
- Review submittals, specifications, coordination drawings and sequence of operations.
- Generate and/or review commissioning and construction phase commissioning schedules.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Travel as required to support commissioning projects.
- Perform site visits.
- Lead, support and participate in all aspect of office and field commissioning as well as testing activities.
- Provide/support all aspects of commissioning oversight activities as may be required by client requirements.
- Lead, support and participate in all aspects of the commissioning process of all Level requirements (0-5) and all project close out requirements.
- Support management proposal development efforts.
- Other technical and administrative duties may be required as necessary to support the company and client requirements as well as maintaining technical qualifications.
- Ability to obtain appropriate US government security clearance and/or access to secured client sites.
Critical Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of OSHA (or equivalent) safety requirements.
- Above average communication skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, single line drawings and protective device coordination studies.
- Knowledge of Mission Critical design concepts and Critical Operation Facilities.
- Knowledge of Electrical Distribution Switchgear, Substations, Uninterruptable Power Sources (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators and Load Banks.
- Knowledge of power quality analysis.
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Suite. Must be able to effectively create final products in all three programs.
General Education and Experience:
General Requirements Include:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 10+ years of commissioning or related experience with electrical systems, SCADA and/or Electrical Power Monitoring systems, Fire Alarm and lighting controls.
- Experience with building construction or construction related degree such as Construction Management.
- Commissioning Certification Required (e.g. NEBB, ACG, BCxA, ASHRAE, etc.) or ability to acquire within two months of employment.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure preferred.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally the employee may be required to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to respond to sounds and visual terrain.
- Ability to see dangerous situations.
- Regular use of hands.
- Note: CriticalCxE follows all ADA Requirements
While employed by CriticalCxE, employee will be exposed to construction equipment, moving machines and be at risk of possible electrical charges. The employee will be expected to work outside during projects in various weather conditions and possibly work in higher level buildings.
CriticalCxE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes all qualified candidates to the team.