Job Title: Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Hours: Full Time
CriticalCxE is a professional services firm specializing in technical Commissioning, Engineering and Owners Representation services in support of our mission critical clients. CCxE brings a unique blend of professionals together who have the in-depth engineering, installation, commissioning, and operational experience to address today’s complex and dynamic Mission Critical Systems.
CriticalCxE is seeking a talented Electrical Commissioning Specialist/Engineer with knowledge of Mission Critical design concepts as well as the operation and commissioning of critical facility electrical equipment. This equipment includes Electrical Distribution Switchgear, Substations, Uninterruptable Power Sources (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators, SCADA, EPMS and Load Banks.
This position provides support for all electrical aspects of assigned commissioning projects from initial engagement through turn over to the owner. This position is under the direction of a Senior Electrical Commissioning Lead and involves the coordination of work activities with mechanical commissioning specialists and interaction with the owner’s representatives, contractors, engineers, and architects. The Commissioning Specialist will travel as needed depending on project demands, typically averaging up to 75% of the time.
Do you have what it takes to validate the performance of some of the most advanced mission critical environments in the US? Do you have a passion for putting complex systems through their designed sequences of operation? We are looking for commissioning engineers and specialists that enjoy working on complex electrical systems to validate the performance through a variety of operating conditions.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have Knowledge of OSHA (or equivalent) safety requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, single line drawings and protective device coordination studies.
- Knowledge of Mission Critical design concepts and Critical Operation Facilities; Knowledge of Electrical Distribution Switchgear, Substations, Uninterruptable Power Sources (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators and Load Banks; Knowledge of power quality analysis.
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Suite. Must be able to effectively create final products in all three programs.
General Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of commissioning or related experience with electrical systems, SCADA and/or Electrical Power Monitoring systems, Fire Alarm, and lighting controls.
- Experience with building construction or construction related degree such as construction management.
- Commissioning Certification required (e.g. NEBB, ACG, BCxA, ASHRAE BCxP, etc.) or ability to acquire within two months of employment.
- Registered Engineering Intern (EI) or Professional Engineer (PE) licensure preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Occasionally the employee may be required to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to respond to sounds and visual terrain.
- Ability to see dangerous situations.
- Regular use of hands.
- Note: CriticalCxE follows all ADA Requirements
- Candidates must be US Citizens and able to pass a routine background investigation.
While employed by CriticalCxE, employee will be exposed to construction equipment, moving machines and be at risk of possible electrical charges. The employee will be expected to work outside during projects in various weather conditions and possibly work in higher level buildings.
Locations: Various U.S. Locations
CCxE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes all qualified candidates to the team we. CCxE is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.
Click for additional information. Employees & Applicants | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (eeoc.gov)