Job Title: Site Superintendent
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hours: Full Time
Critical CxE is headquartered in Annapolis Maryland, with presence in California, Florida, and Utah. Our purpose is to assist clients with the planning, design, building and maintaining of critical facilities, mainly data centers. All data centers present their own unique set of challenges. Critical CxE has years of experience in the marketplace and is exceptionally qualified to provide these construction services.
Our goal is to be an engineering-driven business. We strive to evaluate and make wise technical and fiscal decisions, while keeping quality, efficiency, modularity, maintainability, affordability, and delivery time frames to higher standards.
A high-level staff member manages each project start to finish. With each project we strive to supply engineering, construction, electrical, mechanical, fire & life safety, communications, monitoring as well as suite development services. CCxE employees are well established market leaders as true and trusted partners within the data center industry.
CCxE is seeking an experienced Construction Site Superintendent with the skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to unusually complex problems and independently perform strategic tasks critical to the long-term success of the company. This position is expected to perform duties related to design, manufacturability, performance, compliance, and cost control in all phases of the construction and engineering cycles while meeting customer and project deadlines.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for on-site coordination for all phases of our construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Our construction superintendents are first line of defense on job sites. Major responsibilities include oversight of all day-to-day site operations, including scheduling, coordination, and delegation of subcontractor work, quality control, and ensuring the safety of everyone on a project site. The ideal candidate will work closely with our project management staff and assigned subcontractors to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget, and to the high degree of quality. The construction superintendent will travel as needed depending on project demands.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have knowledge of OSHA (or equivalent) safety requirements.
- Prepare, distribute, and track RFI’s
- Distribute and track construction bulletins, RFPs, or other change documentation
- Post addenda or other changes to plans and specification
- In collaboration with a superintendent, create and update detailed project schedules, plus keep project stakeholders informed throughout all construction phases as work progress
- Manage closeout activities, including the distribution and tracking of punch lists, change orders, contracts, permits, and owner-occupancy details
- Facilitate effective project meetings, plus prepare and distribute agendas and meeting notes
- Proactively manage procurement logs and submittal processes
- Review shop drawings and samples
- Schedule, prepare and facilitate meetings
- Prepare and manage contracts, permits, and approvals
- Bachelor’s degrees in construction management, engineering, architecture, or related field preferred. Applicants with relevant certifications or equivalent experience will also be considered
- 5+ years’ experience managing diverse commercial projects, experience with data centers is preferred
- Broad knowledge of building systems and construction methods
- Communicating in a confident, articulate, and professional manner with team members, industry partners, and clients
- Demonstrating strong financial management skills and the ability to independently manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Showcasing leadership and the ability to work with a team, as well as independently
General education and experience requirements:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with building construction or construction related degree such as construction management.
- CPR and first aid certifications and OSHA 30 training.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally the employee may be required to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to respond to sounds and visual terrain.
- Ability to see dangerous situations.
- Regular use of hands.
- Note: CCxE follows all ADA requirements
- Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a routine background investigation.
While employed by CCxE, employee will be exposed to construction equipment, moving machines and be at risk of possible electrical charges. The employee will be expected to work outside during projects in various weather conditions and possibly work in higher level buildings.
Locations: San Antonio, TX
CCxE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes all qualified candidates to the team we. CCxE is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
- In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.
- Click for additional information. Employees & Applicants | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (eeoc.gov)